May 26, 2014

Why is God laughing? Deepak chopra






  Why is God laughing? - Deepak Chopra



I read this book for "The Book Review" as part of my B.Ed course.
Though basically I’m a fiction lover, I’ve tried reading some self-help books before but could not go past the first chapter.
But this book is written in such a simple language and the use of the story of Mickey Fellows made spirituality really interesting. Not many technical words have been used which may confuse the reader.

It was a very good idea to use a fictional tale of a comedian and his unlikely mentor to show us a path back to hope, joy, and even enlightenment—with a lot of laughter along the way.

I didn’t want to stop reading the book in spite of the hectic B.Ed schedule. It kept me wondering what will happen next. The ten principles mentioned at the end makes the learnings from the story much more clearer. We often take too much stress and are always anxious about something or the other. This book teaches us to look at life through a new perspective: There is always something to laugh about and as it is said “Laughter is the best medicine.”



No comments:

Post a Comment